Sony STR-DE445 Sound Switching problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI to all

I was wondering if any one would be able to help me! I have a Sony STR-DE445 and have never had any problems with it up until now.

It does not matter which input I have it on CD, DVD, Video or Radio. When listening to the amp after a few minuets the amp alternates its sound level to low and then after a while it goes back to normal sound settings again. I have re-cabled and this has not seemed to have done anything.

If anyone could advise me of anything I could do I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Andrew

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="andy07"]HI to all

Iafter a few minuets the amp alternates its sound level to low and then after a while it goes back to normal sound settings again.

[/quote]

Well, you could cut out the 18th century dancing - those minuets play havoc with an amp. Something to do with the wig-powder getting into the works...

But seriously, this sounds like an amp fault in the volume circuitry, and the nature of the fault suggests a component that's heating up, having a problem, cooling and going back to normal and cycling in that manner.

It's probably a service job, but that could prove pricey - might be time to consider a new receiver, given that good ones start from about £250 or so these days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts