Sony STR-DA555ES

Tristy

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was looking to buy a Sony STR-DA555ES. Currently I have a Sony STR-DH820. My dad has the 555ES and I think it sounds much better than my Sony. On ebay the 555ES goes for around £200. Great I thought! But I then remembered that I use my amp as a HDMI switch and I run my PS3 and other HDMI devies through it for the sound etc. The 555ES doest have this.

So my question is, what other amp can I upgrade to which will give me 555ES quality and HDMI support for low money?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
But in a different house presumably so therefore different accoustics & with a new amp that includes HD sound which you wouldnt get on the older amp. So what make & model speakers are they?

Tristy

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
B&W 601 S3s they are.

Does my Sony DH820 do HD audio then? I shows that its decoding the audio from my bluray movies HD-DTS.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does decode / play HD audio, DTS HD MA & DTS HD HR as well as Dolby TruHD amongst other formats. Have you not read the specifications of your amp? they should be in your manual if not they can be found online here clicky. Also check out whathifi's review here.

Here is a link to an explanation of surround sound sorry to mods if it breaches house rules LINK if it does i would suggest to the op look up the Dolby website & the DTD one.

Regards ....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts