Sony STR-DA3500ES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Re the Sony STR-DA3500ES, I have the oportunity to buy one of these at a good price. I was thinking of the Onkyo TX-SR608, but seeing as how the Sony was a £600+ item, do you think this is a better buy given the choice? Or is the Onkyo more future proof?

A

Anonymous

Check out the link here Sony STR-DA3500ES for the what hifi review.

The Onkyo is Product of the year for 2010 so must be pretty good, although I dont think they are in same class, so possibly not a fair comparison. I wouldnt say it "futureproof" as nothing is, but it does have more upto date features.

A

Anonymous

Just spoke to an operative from the shop about the and he reckons that due to it age Sony is an inferior machine to the Onkyo. True its not 3d capable but I'm not bothered about that anyway as neither is my tv which is a Sony KDLw2000 which I have been very happy with.Even if it pack up tomorrow I wouldn't go for anything like a 3d one as I think 3d has a way to go yet.I am more interested in streaming my SACD's via HDMI to the amp.

Any opinions anyone?

A

Anonymous

I guess what I want to know is can I stream sacd signals from a Sony BDP-S570 blue ray to a Sony STRDA3500ES av amp via HDMI ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts