Sony STR-DA2400ES or Denon AVR-1910

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm taking the plunge and buying one of these amps. Both can be got for aroud £400, so cheaper than the original sold price. I suspect, given its product of the year status, that people would favour the Denon, though the Sony was originally the more expensive proposition. WHF staff, your opinions on the respective merits of these two amps would be much appreciated; as would members opinions with experience of either of these products... Would be used in conjunction with B&W 600 series centre, F&R speakers, and surrounds (perhaps a little old now, but I still love 'em and any upgrades would be done at a much later date).

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I know some owners of the 2400 have had issues with reliability or faulty components.

I have had this amp now for about 8 months and can't fault it. It replaces an older (2001) pioneer and honestly - blows it out of the water. HD soundtracks are awesome and its bloomin' good on stereo sources too. I haven't heard the denon so can't compare but i love the sound the sony produces.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the post!
emotion-21.gif

WHF team, assume you wiould go with the Denon here? Any comparisons of the relative merits of these 2 amps would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Not an overwhelming response here!

I have another question about the upscaling abilities of the Denon, which I've read are very good. I have a standard def (non upscaling) Humax Freeview tuner/recorder. Would the Denon better the upscaling abilities of my Pana 42G10 when upconverting an analogue signal? I know some reviews of the G10 state that it's better to upscale externally rather than via the TV tuner. Could be a deal clincher if the Denon can improve the TV's performance with standard def material...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts