Sony STR-DA2400ES + KEF 2005.3 Questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

This is my first post and have a few questions regarding my upgrade.

I have an all-in-one Denon 500SD system which I am thinking about upgrading to a Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver and a KEF 2005.3 Speaker package. Are the Sony and Kef a good match?

Also with the new price adjustments of the KEF speaker packages, would now be a good time to buy, before the price hike?

I have found that Richer Sounds sells the KEF package for £589.00 and 2400ES for £399.95 at the moment – has anyone found cheaper prices of the two?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I went ahead and purchased and set-up the STR-DA2400ES and KEF 2005.3 system and have tested it out with various Blu-rays, PS3 games and music - other than the clarity and detail, especially when viewing/listening to HD input (Blu-ray) I find that music does not sound as good or punchy as the Denon 500SD system which was half the price of the above system - am I missing something here?

A

Anonymous

I'm very happy with my KEF 2005.3's for both music and films, did you demo them before you bought them or hear anything else at the same price point for reference?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Ming, I think the problem I am having is with the amp, not the KEFs - I have always been happy in the past with Denon systems (except for GUI and cheap remotes), so am thinking of going with the Denon 1910 or 2310 (if RS accepts an exchange!)

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Richersounds are quite good (sometimes....) if its within 14 days they will exchange or refund the porducct. Though I thought it was 28 days....

They gave me that option if I wasn't happy with the Denon 1910, as they didn't have a demo room

A

Anonymous

Richer have accepted the exchange - Hooray! I will be upgrading to a Denon AVR-2310 ... the reason for the upgrade is because I am emigrating and am after a future proof system that won't let me down - likes to be played loud with all the detail you would expect for music and film.

A

Anonymous

LittleTofu:Thanks for the reply Ming, I think the problem I am having is with the amp, not the KEFs - I have always been happy in the past with Denon systems (except for GUI and cheap remotes), so am thinking of going with the Denon 1910 or 2310 (if RS accepts an exchange!)

Hope you're happy with the Dennon, let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

I exchanged my Sony DA2400ES for the Denon 2310 yesterday and I am so glad I did!The KEFs have come alive, at first with the 2400ES I thought there was something wrong with the speakers, but after a very quick test at home with the Denon 2310 I am very happy with the results - a much warmer sound with lots of detail and intense bass.