Sony Receiver Shortage !!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had recently decided to buy a Sony STR-DG820 in black after reading good reviews about it, the problem is that nobody seems to have them in stock. So i decided to try to go up the range a bit and buy the Sony STR-DA2400 ES. Again there does not seem to be any stock of these in black. I spoke to Richer sounds and they advised that Sony are not supplying any at the moment.

Can anybody recomend a mail order seller who has stock of either of these ?

Thanks

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I'm assured our STR-DH800, the replacement for the STR-DG820, will be delivered tomorrow. If this comes to pass, our review will be in the June issue.

Though if I know Mr Clough (and I think I do) it'll be on-line before then.

Dr Badger

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
I finally just decided (after 6 months of faffing!) to go for the
2400ES, and even thought about ordering the silver one from play.com,
but no luck there either now.
OK, so the new £350 model replaces
the DG820, but how will it compare spec-wise to the 2400ES? (which is/was(?)
available for the relative bargain of £350 online at said Jersey
website).

A

Anonymous

i have the same issue with my local supplier but they haven't told me they will not

be able to get one and the shortage you are talking about goes right accross the range of sony recievers

i even tried to get one from the sony centre in my local town and even they couldn't get any

i e mailed sony about the shortage of cinema recievers and all they gave me was a telephone number

but i haven't had time to call them as yet here is the number i was supplied with. 08705 111999

my supplier told me they would not be able to get one to me before may this year or he could get me a silver one

straight away. i you get an answer from sony post it here so i can get a straight answer.

A

Anonymous

I picked up a 2400ES from Richer Sounds in Dec 08 and my first impressions were - wow. Unfortunately ever since I've had nothing but grief. Constant popping and clicking sounds when sending HD audio over HDMI from my PS3 and Sony BDP-S350 Blu Ray player. I've tried different HDMI cables (1.3 1080p certified) and even a different PS3, all with no luck. I can't get the amp to decode multichannel LPCM or Dolby Digital TrueHD/DTS Master Audio despite it working fine for the first month.

Anyway, long story short. Tried to get a replacement from Richer Sounds in early February. Was told new stock due in March. March arrived and was told April, but no date confirmed for new stock. Have literally tried everywhere online and retail and nobody has one. Then, went into my local Sony Centre today and was told stock was on order with a due date of....September! They might as well not bother.

Have auditioned a Pioneer 1018 and the Onkyo 606 but they don't compare, so I'm going to have to go down the repairs route. Anyway, just wanted to say not good enough Sony! Not good enough!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts