Sony problem

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
When I turn my blu ray player on this has just started to appeared on the TV screen, I've unplugged everything and it still appears;

"Ext memory in the EXT jack on the rear of the unit not recognised. Check Ext memory, turn the power off, then turn on again."

There never has been anything in the Ext jack, whatever that is; Thoughts?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Could be a faulty or misauthored Blu-ray disc has made the player think it has stacks of BD Live content to download, and the internal memory isn't sufficient, so it's searching for extra memory - many players have the option of adding extra memory via the USB port in this way.

A factory reset of the player may clear it, or you might want to try sticking a cheap USB thumb-drive into the USB port. A 2GB one should do it - you can pick them up for around a fiver these days.

It's all part of the 'joy' of Blu-ray and additional BD Live content and firmware upgrades being needed to play certain discs.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. Just spent half hour having to firmware update and restart my Pioneer player so it could play new Blu-ray of The Magnificent Seven....

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok I've gone through all the reset functions and I'm still getting the same message.

Next?

Return to Sony or buy a new player as it's probably as cheap as the repair!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
KeithT said:
Ok I've gone through all the reset functions and I'm still getting the same message.

Next?

Return to Sony or buy a new player as it's probably as cheap as the repair!

Did you try Andrew's suggestion above re a USB drive?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts