SONY NX713 (3D Model) Please help What Hi Fi team!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, as above, SONY have the 46" model of this which has only been out for a matter of weeks, normally £1600, but for the next 10 days, they have it reduced to £1500 and also include a 3D starter kit comprising of 2 pairs of glasses (£200), a transmittor (£60), 5 blu ray 3D films (£70) and a SONY BDP S470 blu ray player (£??)

I have just been in and viewed the TV using Freeview, 2D blu ray and upscaling DVD, the pictures seemed impressive. The 3D option was a standard SONY demo disc, showing Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, wipeout HD, SKY 3D and more!! Again I was impressed, but I never want to buy anything without a review first, especially a What Hi Fi review!!!!!!

Does anybody please have any details or reveiws on this particular model??? Much appreciated!!

A

Anonymous

Still a bit new for many reviews.

My advice - issues with all TV's nothing is perfect if you like what you see and are willing/happy/able to spend the money then go for it.

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
marsonNUFC:

Again I was impressed, but I never want to buy anything without a review first, especially a What Hi Fi review!!!!!!

If you've demo'd it in person, and you were impressed by it compared with other TV's you've looked at, you don't need a review to tell you how good it is.

If in doubt, go back with your own test discs that you know and love, and get them to play those too.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
gdavies09031977:marsonNUFC:
Again I was impressed, but I never want to buy anything without a review first, especially a What Hi Fi review!!!!!!

If you've demo'd it in person, and you were impressed by it compared with other TV's you've looked at, you don't need a review to tell you how good it is.

If in doubt, go back with your own test discs that you know and love, and get them to play those too.

Agreed, if you're happy with it I wouldn't go searching out for reviews! What if they mention uneven backlighting? You never noticed it before but now you'll look for it, you may notice it, all of a sudden your £1600 TV seems flawed - you get depressed, turn to drink, life falls apart...
emotion-5.gif
Tongue in cheek maybe, but the principal is sound. You like what you've seen so it's a great TV - end of story and don't let anyone change your mind! There's no perfect TV.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys!! I suppose when spending so much money you always have reservations, but you are right, I did like what I saw. and the offer seems too good to turn down.

I was sceptical at first in regards to 3D, I was actually going in to the SONY centre to purchase the HX703 model (200hz) but for the extra bit of cash, it is a nice extra to have. Perfect for the odd film, or gaming session.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Don't get me wrong - reviews are still important and relevant, but they are best used as a guide to make a shortlist of product you would like to try... If you've found something you like and are happy with the deal that's what matters!
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

It sounds like a really good deal
emotion-21.gif
i have just got the 46hx803 and looked at all the models.

One thing i noticed is that with 200hz the picture was clearer on freeview, with the 100hz ones there is quite abit of picture noise from what i have seen.

So i would say make sure you demo on freeview a 200hz one and compare it to a 100hz one.

A

Anonymous

GEL, i f you don't mine me asking, how much did you pay for your HX803? The reason I ask, is they are selling that for £1900 with all the stuff that I listed earlier.

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:GEL, i f you don't mine me asking, how much did you pay for your HX803? The reason I ask, is they are selling that for £1900 with all the stuff that I listed earlier.

What the sony shop is where you are?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Yes. I looked at that particular model as it has the 200hz frame. I am not really bothered about the slimness or monolithic design, I just want the best possible picture for that kind of money.

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:Yes. I looked at that particular model as it has the 200hz frame. I am not really bothered about the slimness or monolithic design, I just want the best possible picture for that kind of money.

I have seen your one in 40inches and 46inches and i would definetely still buy my one again.

Normal tv is really good.

I paid nearly £450 less than your package price, i don't mind saying now because i had a "special deal".

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:What the sony shop is where you are?

Yoda, is that you?

emotion-18.gif
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:What the sony shop is where you are?

Yoda, is that you?

emotion-2.gif
just had another look at that - i have got it
emotion-1.gif
, man my wording is really bad at times, the other day when i said something to you in my cats thread about Max i am not entirely sure that came across right, it just meant i know what you were trying to say to Max the night before but he was not getting it. It that you were just joking
emotion-21.gif

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
It should be £1599.99 for the kdl46hx803 with bdp470 blu-ray player,2 pairs of active shutter glasses,1 3d transmitter 5 free 3d blu-ray films,and a free 5 year warrenty.well thats what we are selling the package at,but remember sony centre's are franchises..so prices may vary.I own the kdl40hx803,and it's a barnstorming tv.And gel as you know owns the 46" and he seem's very happy with it.

D

Deleted member 2457

sonycentre:It should be £1599.99 for the kdl46hx803 with bdp470 blu-ray player,2 pairs of active shutter glasses,1 3d transmitter 5 free 3d blu-ray films,and a free 5 year warrenty.well thats what we are selling the package at,but remember sony centre's are franchises..so prices may vary.I own the kdl40hx803,and it's a barnstorming tv.And gel as you know owns the 46" and he seem's very happy with it.

I definetely am mate
emotion-21.gif

Wow, that is a really good deal
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

So basically sonycentre, I would only end up putting an extra £100 for the HX model? I wonder if I can explain that other sony centres are doing that particular deal. My local sony centre in Wolverhampton had the HX803 for £1900.

What are you views on the NX713 sonycentre?

A

Anonymous

Thanks sonycentre. I viewed the hx803 in 3D with a Resident Evil 3D trailer about a week ago, and yesreday I had an in depth look at the NX713 looking at movies, sport and gaming. To be honest, and I don't know whether or not I am just not very well trained on 3D, but I couldn't notice any difference!! For me, the NX713 set looks smarter, but the HX803 has the 200hz mode which is supposedly good for sports and gaming (fast images)

I am soo undecided!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts