Sony NAS-50HDE Hard Drive Problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening,

First time poster here. Recently got the above HiFi. I'm currently a good way through putting my CD collection onto the hard drive and it says that there are still 800hrs+ available. Now each time I try to put any further CDs onto the system I get a variety of chugging and whirring sounds and a range of error messages but the end result is the same; nothing!

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

matthewpiano

I'm assuming you've bought this second hand, as this model was discontinued over a year ago. It sounds like a HD fault to me. A trip to the authorised repair agent may be the solution but it won't be cheap. I've not come across any problems with these units before, but a HD will only last so long and it might have been caned by the previous user.

Is it too late to take it back? To be honest the new NASE300HDE is vastly superior in sound and might make more sense.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Yes it was 2nd hand. Got it for a bargain really. Cost me £45 without a remote which I bought online. If it's going to be expensive I won't bother. I won't be too upset as i've managed to get 720 CDs onto it and in every other way it works well.

matthewpiano

chambta:Thanks for the advice. Yes it was 2nd hand. Got it for a bargain really. Cost me £45 without a remote which I bought online. If it's going to be expensive I won't bother. I won't be too upset as i've managed to get 720 CDs onto it and in every other way it works well.

Sounds like a bargain. I'd stick with the 720 discs you've shoe-horned onto the Hard Drive and play the rest off CD. Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

Will do mate. I think it's a beauty at that price-sound quality better than so many more expensive machines. Perfect for the kitchen really!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts