SONY KDL55HX923 vs Panasonic TX-P55VT30

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
no review with HX923 the HX823 got 4 stars so is the Panasonic TX-P55VT30 50+ champion of the year? or does sony still have a chance?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It is the weekend.....

As noted elsewhere, with Sony's admission that all HX923's could potentially suffer from 'non-uniformity', the set is out of Awards contention.

However, if I were buying a screen of this size/price, i'd certainly put the Sony in the mix alongside the Panasonics, Samsungs and high-end LGs. I'd just be certain, if choosing the Sony, that the retailer agrees to find a flawless model for you (or a refund/exchange if you get an affected unit).

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
the gorilla glass on these seems tempting :p the panasonic in the 65-inch still has motion issues other than panasonic does any other retailer do the 24p smooth film which is fantastic with blu-ray

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
id be careful to auditon any set you are taking home first.. the 55vt30s apparently can suffer from louder 'buzzing' than the others in the series.. i have a 42Vt30 and its whisper quiet in comparison to the vt20 i had last year..

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My 10cents worth. Must say that my 50VT30 has been fab since the day I got it and set it up on the wall. No issues what so ever - screen, noise or otherwise. Highly recommend it.

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
if i do go for the VT30 its going to be the 65-inch just worried with it being a big screen the picture quality might not be as good and the 50hz bug will be hard to not notice, hispek have cracking deals on,the stand is free with the sony which is normally quite expensive and less than 2500

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
well i have done something i dont normally do when i focus on one set and now im confused and dont quite know what to do, of these two models the only thing thats putting me off is the power consumption of the panny!

can anyone from What Hi Fi, put in plain english exactly what we are looking at here?, as you know the panny is "C" rated and the sony is "A" rated, it seems the panny is using more than twice the leccy of the sony.

the lack of info on this is the only thing thats stopping me from jumping ship!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts