Sony KDL32D3000 versus Panasonic TX32LXD700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having been thwarted by the Mrs in my attempts to shoe-horn a 40" (or even a 37") LCD into our small (but perfectly formed) front room, I now find myself looking at getting the best 32"-er I can.

So, out the window go 1920*1080 resolution and a picture you can see from space (Bad Times) but in comes the fact that the budget remains roughly the same at a grand. (Good Times)

Now I've read the review of the Panasonic in the previous issue and I'm tempted to say the least; but I'm also being seduced (if a TV has such power) by the Sony D3000. And I've seen both for £799 so that leaves some extra pennies for food and shoes for the kids.

I appreciate its down to personal choice; but I just thought if any of you guys had an opinion you could share it here. And if any of the What HiFi crew are online, if they could give me/us an indication of when the believe they'll be testing the Sony and whether they have any gut feel on the subject..

I don't have Sky HD yet or HD-DVD/Blu Ray (as thats a fight I'm not interested in at present) I will however be watching SD and DVDs (the latter probably through the Sony RDRHXD970 via the HDMI thingummybob.)

So (in a nutshell) the question is... Which of these two sets to get.

A

Anonymous

I've just waded through some earlier posts; and see that the August 23rd issue is going to have an almighty supertest with the latest 32"ers; so I'll keep my wallet in my pocket for another month....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We will indeed be including both the Sony and the Panasonic in our 10-set Supertest of 32in Tvs in the October issue, out August 23rd.

I can't reveal the verdict yet - because we're still testing - but I will say we're mightily impressed how far LCD TV standards have risen since we last did a Supertest at this size, late last year. All that at lower prices, too.

A

Anonymous

i too am choosing between these sets , which won out in the end?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
They're both great, but the Panasonic just pipped the Sony thanks to its superior Freeview tuner, perfect colour balance and insight into dark scenes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts