Sony KDL32CX523 - No sound to stereo speakers

T

the record spot

When I select the option to use my speakers on my Sony TV, nothing comes out the Mission standmounts I have. On the old EX503 TV, this wasn't a problem, but the option on the CX523 is "Audio System" and not "Stereo Speakers". I'm wondering if this option is restricted to Sony's own audio systems, but this seems odd. I can't see where I'm going wrong either....annoying...!

Anyone got this set and using it through their stereo?

T

the record spot

Sorry, should've clarified, it's using the stereo phono outs on the rear panel. The bottom two in the photo below to the right of the Scart socket. Am I being a ditz? Quite possible given you've mentioned a socket on the side panel...?!?

sony-kdl-32cx523.32815334.jpg

T

the record spot

Hmmm, puzzilng/annoying. The sockets are on the back of the 32EX503 - how strange! Maybe they're just assuming that outputs will go straight via HDMI to an AV receiver and not accommodating stereo on this model. Need to check with Sony I think.

T

the record spot

Hmmm, even more interesting; my manual doesn't mention the side panels at all, and it only gives passing reference to connecting audio and video devices. It doesn't differentiate between input or outputs either. There'll be more online and there's also the i-Manual on the TV. In fairness, the manual's a generic thing coveirng about a dozen models, so I guess they're baselining the most important features to reduce their print commitment for each model.

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I think with that tv your choices are 3.5mm jack on the side to 2 phono with the headphones set to audio out or using a scart to phono adapter and setting this to output.

T

the record spot

Thanks for your help folks - I had a spare Belkin 3.5" to RCA phono lead kicking around the place and gave it a spin, which has worked a treat. Odd arrangement but it works. Currently have iPlayer running Late Junction from last night. Great stuff. Thanks again for the advice; makes such a difference now!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts