Sony KDL 46 V2000 problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help please ? When I turn on the TV the led goes green and I get sound but no picture ,not even the AV1 etc on screen prompts , just " blackness" .

I have had the problem occasionally before and when I turned it off and then on again it worked but this time I can't get anything at all on the screen --no TV or DVD .

I've had the tv about 3 years

Does this sound terminal ? Is it worth having tvs repaired these days ?

matthewpiano

Sounds like it needs a new panel. We had a 32S of a similar age come back with the same issue the other week and it ended up with a replacement panel being fitted under warranty.

If you haven't got the benefit of that sort of warranty I'd say its probably going to make more sense to bite the bullet and replace the set, because things have moved on considerably since the V2000 anyway and you could take advantage of the Sony trade-in allowance at the moment (the TV you trade in doesn't have to be working).

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply ,I kind of guessed it would be terminal ,the shop are going to pick it up next week to have a look at it .

I don't know if it's related but I did notice some what I can only decribe as "whirling " of the picture over dark areas on the screen on some DVDs on occassion --or is this a Sony thing ??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts