Sony KDL-37P3020 or Panasonic TH-37PX80

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Need to buy a new TV.

37" seems to be a decent size and my shortlist consists of the Sony 37P3020 and the Panasonic 37PX80.

Bearing in mind that my TV source is Freeview and the TV will be sited near a window, will I see any of the benefits of the Panasonic or am I better off buying the cheaper Sony?

I guess I am asking if the freeview picture on the Panasonic is significantly better than that of the Sony and if the reflections from the window would be significantly worse on the Panasonic plasma.

Any help is much appreciated

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Plasmas tend to have more reflective screens than many LCDs, so as you're placing the TV near a window, you might get reflections on the Panasonic plasma. I bought a Sony Bravia LCD partially because it had a non-reflective screen and, like you, it's near a window so there was a danger of unwanted reflections making a plasma harder to view.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy for your prompt reply. Since then Wifey has ruled out the Sony based on styling, she hated it.

Is there another 37" lcd worth considering?

Failing that the Sony 32D3000 appeals but it's not ideal as it's slightly small.

Any views on the 32D3000 against the TH-37PX80?

A

Anonymous

What about the 37" Panasonic LCD? They are full HD screens (having 1080 lines of resolution) but I have heard that they have good pictures.

A

Anonymous

The 37" Panasonic lcd that I looked at over the weekend certainly had a decent enough picture, however it had the speakers mounted down the side which made the set too wide for the space I have available. It made the overall width of the set more akin to that of a 40".

A

Anonymous

My 37PX80 was delivered today and I'm more than happy that was the TV I eventually chose.

A

Anonymous

the plasma 100%, better colours and much better motion handling.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Oaklec"]
My 37PX80 was delivered today and I'm more than happy that was the TV I eventually chose.
[/quote]

So glad you like it! Any probs with reflection?

A

Anonymous

[*]
Seems better than the crt it has replaced in that respect so I'm a happy chappy

A

Anonymous

I am looking to buy this set very soon, so I am glad you are pleased with your purchase. Plasma, rather than LCD is the way to go.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Oaklec"]
[*]
Seems better than the crt it has replaced in that respect so I'm a happy chappy[/quote]

Very glad to hear it! Hopefully I will be a happy girly soon and get this TV as well!

A

Anonymous

re the Panasonic TH-37PX80B - what's this i've just read about the 3 HDMI 's only being 1.3 or something ?
How will newer HDMI inputs increase my viewing experience ? Or is it such a small difference the human eye would probably not notice ?

A

Anonymous

1.3 is just the current version of the HDMIs nothing to worry about aslong as their 1.3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts