admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Well I Have decided to buy the Sony dh800 but I have Stupid question?

Ok, So I plug in the the Bluray and the Sky HDbox with the HDMI inputs to the Amp. Then one HDMI to the TV.
Now the question is: Do I have to turn on the amp every time I want to see Sky or the Amp will let the signal pass without turning it on.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Two points:

1) With that set-up yes you have to turn the amp on every time - there's no pass-through when the amp is off.

2) With Sky HD, you'll also need a digital audio connection to the receiver, as Sky only sends stereo over HDMI.

Given all that, you might as well connect the Sky HD box straight to the TV, and the optical to the receiver. That way you can watch Sky on the TV, using the TV's internal speakers, without needing the receiver on.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

Just one more question: Is the Denon 1910 worth the extra ? or the Sony DH800 a good amp?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Sony's great for the money, but the Denon is a step up. All depends on your size of room/speakers, plus player, as to whether you'll reap the potential extra performance from the '1910. What's the rest of your system like?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare.

The rest of the system is:
- Bluray Sony 350
- Tv Panasonic PZ85
- The speakers are a bit old but I am quite happy with them: Energy Take 5

Should I start looking around for some new speakers or will I be fine with the ones I already have, because I live in a apartment and the wife only likes small speakers.

Thanks for the help

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Sony will be fine in that set-up; get that bedded in first and see how it runs with your speakers, before considering your next potential upgrade. Have fun!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts