SONY DAV IS10 - owners advice wanted

chrisku

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
I am thinking about purchasing the SONY DAV IS10 in the next week to go with my Panasonic TH42PX70B.

On www.play.com I have found the system for £399 which I believe is a true bargain.

Now I know that it won product of the year in the what hifi awards 2007,however I just would like to hear from owners of the system how good the system actually is ?

Do those small speakers really produce good surround sound ?

How good is the picture quality from the dvd player / upscaler ?

Does the system sound better than it actually costs ?

A

Anonymous

I'd be interested in views of this item as well, having stumbled on it today whilst wandering around town. Having trouble finding indepth reviews of it as well, but everyone quotes the "what hifi" product award. Those speakers are amazingly tiny.

Also, does it have any digital inputs?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Enter Sony DAV-IS10 into the 'search' box at the top of the page and you'll find any number of threads about this unit. And yes, it has one optical and one coaxial digital input.

A

Anonymous

I heard some excellent news today.

My local Sony centre told me that the IS10's will be available without the DVD player in the next month or so as a . This was the only thing holding me back from taking a closer look at these speakers, as I didn't need the DVD player and wanted the sound from the Sky HD box running through my speakers aswell as from DVD's.

Going to get a test listen soon and then if they're as good as everyone seems to say they are it's time to get that Onkyo amp to run it all through.
emotion-11.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
How can you get an IS10 without the DVD player? It's all built into the main control unit!. And not sure how well those tiny speakers would work with a conventional receiver - you might struggle to get it to run the crossover between subwoofer and satellite speakers at a high enough frequency. And anyway, all the amplification for the speakers is built into the subwoofer, so it wouldn't work with a conventional receiver anyway.

But I'm sure the Sony Centre is right
emotion-5.gif
- I await with interest to see how Sony has got round all the above. I guess it's going to be a satellite speaker package with an active subwoofer.

The company showed various packages in the States at its recent trade show, including an ultra-slim soundbar-type system with three channels in one unit and a subwoofer, but nothing using the little speakers found in the DAV-IS10 as far as I can see.

A

Anonymous

I don't think it does 5.1 pass through-or so I've heard. Will do from the integral DVD source though.

A

Anonymous

Just as an aside, does this sony play divx / xvid from dvdrw / cdrw / etc etc? Some places say it does as part of the spec, others dont.

A

Anonymous

How can you get an IS10 without the DVD player? It's all built into the main control unit!.

I think he means that it will be available as an amp and speakers only. I don't use the DVD player either as I have a PS3.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts