Sony bravia calibration help.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Last night i bought my first HD tv , a KDL-32ex503 and straight out of the box the picture is pretty good.

The two obvious problems that need tweeked are the lighting which is a bit dark, and the sharpness , it looks a bit warm and could do with a more neutral detailed look especially noticable with facial detail on the news last night.

Im guessing the ambieny light sensor might have to be switched of and i need to play with sharpness levels or colour temp or perhaps switch of any noise filters.

I would be grateful for any tips, just to get me started.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Use CINEMA settings

Turn off ALL processing thats not required (live colour, DNR, contrast enhance etc etc)

Use a THX disc to set contrast and brightness

Sharpness should be zero (or near zero)

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
I wasnt sure what you meant by cinema settings ( theatre button ? ) but i turnd everything of and its a lot more of a relaxed picture.

Cheers

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
When you goto the picture settings, you can select VIBRANT or CINEMA etc (depends on your model, not sure about yours without looking into it)

If you press the SCENE button you can select cinema from there (you can also select GRAPHICS for online gaming which has better lag than normal viewing)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to mention, I would suggest NOT using the theatre button as it switches on FILM MODE 1 which has weird movement effects

Use FILM MODE 2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts