Sony Blu Ray BDP 350 player sound problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Sony KDL40w4500 and its brilliant - the sound is good on XBOX and also on my sky box and I have the volume level set at 30 or maybe 40-50 if I want it loud.

My problem is that if I want to have the blu ray player at a decent level I have to turn the TV up to 90 which is nearly maxed out and on some films it has to be maxed out (And its still not loud enough)

I have this connected via HDMI.

Why does the sound volume have to be cranked so loud for the Blu ray? have i missed a setting?  

its really annoying especially if you forget to turn it down before you switch back to sky!

thanks in advance 

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi - I have heard from various people that because there is more data travelling through the hdmi cable the sound level is effected. Whether or not this is true it doesn't help your cause however, this used to be the same with listening to skyHD channels and sky recently issued a fix which automatically updated each skyHD box overnight. Is there any firmware for your player, if so might be worth firing an email off to Sony to see if anything is on their horizon.

TRENDING THREADS