Sony BDV-N590 issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a Sony BDV-590 one box solution. It would be great, but I hear a continual (very) high frequency sound coming from it. It is particularly bad when HDMI 1 is selected. No-one else can hear it until I point it out to them. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would love to exchange it for a replacement, but fear that it won't even be noticed by the supplier when checked. Is a certain amount of background noise acceptable? Any guidance would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Did you manage to resolve this stargatefan? I recently purchased the same set-up for a relative and noticed the same issue. As with you I seemed to be the only one picking up on the problem so I wasn't sure if it's just my hearing being sensitive to those frequencies? Would be very interested to hear what your solution was in the end

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately I had no solutions. Sony advised the expected (speaker placement and firmware update). When these did not work they suggested putting the unit in for repair. The Sony shop in Solihull had two units on display but I could hear it on both of them. At this point I felt a return & refund was the only way to go. It's a shame because feature wise and value for money wise it would have been an excellent system. I am sorry to hear your relatives system is the same, but relieved to hear that its not just me with super sensitive hearing! Surely there are others out there that find this 'background noise' impossible to live with?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I am looking to get this system, mainly because of my price constraints and the What HiFi awards. But based on the above am a bit apprehensive. Did you ever get the issues sorted?

Also, I have read that the system takes a long time to start up - is this true?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts