Sony BDPS350 for £129 including delivery from Amazon

A

Anonymous

Amazon do change their prices quite a lot, but I'm seeing £129 delivered, so try it again.

Very tempting ...

A

Anonymous

I also see it at £179 now, in stock, "Dispatched from and sold by Pixmania-UK". That was not the case earlier -- they were due in stock, directly from Amazon, next Thursday, and definitely at £129. I have an email from them confirming my order at this price. Sorry if you think I was trolling, I wasn't. Just trying to share a good deal.

There's a thread on another site about it as well for what it's worth.

A

Anonymous

I just ordered mine from Laskys and it's now showing "Out of stock", maybe I got the last one =D

A

Anonymous

Amazon has changed it's price again within the last 30 seconds, from around £180 to £192.

Either keep checking their website or just Google the Sony - Martin Dawes are doing it for £158 delivered.

A

Anonymous

Sorry - ignore the comment about Martin Dawes as it's for the 300 model, not the 350.

Time to go home methinks ...

A

Anonymous

Yay... My 350 gets delivered on Tuesday (£129.00 =P) to pair up with my 26V4500 - shame I can't fit an AV system in my halls =(

Thank you for informing me of this excellent offer =D=D=D

Lee

Ksutty

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Laskys showing £129 delivered but it maybe a mistake, if you click on add to basket the price is corrected to £199.
Now showing out of stock anyway.

A

Anonymous

I believe the price was changed just after I made my purchase. :)

A

Anonymous

And now amazon have cancelled my order with no notice or explanation. Just doesn't appear in my account, and if I go to the direct link it just says it has been cancelled. Wondering how to get them to honour their own pricing.

A

Anonymous

Amazon have deleted everybody's order who ordered at £129 and then sent an email to that effect afterwards. You can't even see any history of the order. The Laskeys £129 orders are arriving to those who ordered them. Considering I and many others chose the Amazon route as it seemed the better and more reliable supplier Amazon have behaved very badly. I rang them and explained I missed the Laskeys offer as I went with them instead and it made no difference. Very bad customer service. I shall be taking the matter further and would recommend others do do to.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just checked online again this morning and Amazon is now quoting £179 and Laskys £199. Seems you had to be darn quick to get the £129 offer which was definitely there yesterday lunchtime (I know, Clare and I both checked). Damn, wish I'd ordered it now!
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Just in case it makes anyone feel any better - in essence for all practical terms there was no "real Amazon £129 price" purely because even if you saw it at £129 and ordered using it (as I did and have the order confirmation sadly as the only proof now) - later on they deleted your order without asking. The very very few people who got one from Amazon for £129 were those people whose order shipped at the warehouse before "Head Office" instructed all orders to be deleted. I believe those were people who had the faster shipping options - possibly Amazon prime people. Retrospectively I wish I had chosen to pay for postage as my order might have "escaped" out of the door.......but I don't think anyone expected Amazon of all people to behave in such a poor manner......would it be possible for What Hi Fi to use its influence to help Amazon take some action over this? Might be worth a go?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately, Amazon's terms and conditions say that:

14. Our contract

When you place an order to purchase a product from Amazon.co.uk, we
will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing
the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to
purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail
confirmation to you that we've dispatched that product to you (the
"Dispatch Confirmation E-mail"). That acceptance will be complete at
the time we send the Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to you. Any products
on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch
Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that
contract.

A

Anonymous

Yes sadly thats what they said on the phone when I complained - but considering many people forwent Laskys £129 deal (which was real so to speak) to go for Amazon's clear price matching at £129 it's pretty shabby behaviour. The only crumb of comfort is the adjusted Amazon price of £179 is still very good value.

A

Anonymous

I'm angry as hell about it but have no idea how to proceed. If it had been priced at £3 or whatever then it would have been an obvious mistake, but £129 appeared to be just a fantastic discount offer and I bought it in good faith. Amazon have behaved appallingly and I consider their quoted pricing policy to be outrageous. Surely they could price any item up at whatever the hell they want, enticing people to buy, only to up it later -- with good odds the customer will pay the new price, as by already placing an order (rather than merely viewing the item) they've demonstrated they want it.

I frequently place stuff in my Amazon basket and check the price each day until it drops to something I'm willing to pay. That's how I found this deal. But now I can't trust them at all!

A

Anonymous

Also they cancelled orders at the "being prepared - dispatching soon" stage.....a stage at which you the customer can't cancel the order - but now it seems they Amazon can...surely this should work both ways or not at all.

A

Anonymous

I deplore this underhand get out clause they impose - it gives them licence to do as they please with your order.

I am certain they would take your order and money at full price in the knowledge a price was being reduced the following day and not inform you of the fact.The only course of action is to buy from places (if there are any) who do not operate this legally allowable but morally wrong system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts