Sony BDP S370 sound advise please?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently upgraded both TV and DVD player to Sony KDL40EX503 and Blu Ray BDP370S (with dongle) connected with QED Performance HDMI lead (all selected via What hifi good reviews). I find picture quality through either TV or Blu ray player fantastic, however sound level through the blu ray player is about half than when watching standard TV or iplayer? I set standard TV as say level 18, but Blu Ray disk would be set over 30.

I've been in contact with both Sony, local store and UK helpdesk who tell me this is normal. All settings have been checked on both Blu Ray and TV. I am directed towards a 5.1 speaker set by the Sony shop.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually normal for a blu ray to be much quieter?

I would prefer my sound at least a little louder, but also would like to play music CD's through the Blu Ray. If I go down the route of buying speakers, should I buy a ipod sound dock? and link it to the Blu Ray? or go for a amp and speaker seperates? or go for Q acoustics speaker set clipping on the back of the TV? Could anyone help with some advice?

Budget wise, I've got about £400-500 to spend.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Kitzbuhel19:Can anyone tell me if this is actually normal for a blu ray to be much quieter?

Yes it is, typically.

I would prefer my sound at least a little louder, but also would like to play music CD's through the Blu Ray. If I go down the route of buying speakers, should I buy a ipod sound dock? and link it to the Blu Ray?

I don't think that's possible, the dock would need to be connected to amplifier.

or go for a amp and speaker seperates?

If you don't want to be listening to everything through the TV speakers, then yes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts