• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Sony and Microsoft Kill PC music

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
SteveR750 said:
getting the software installed correctly after a hardware repair isn't much fun.
I've always found installing Windows (and the drivers and updates) to be pretty straight forward if a little time consuming.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
SteveR750 said:
MajorFubar said:
If bits of the hardware have failed you can't really blame Microsoft though can you.
No true, but getting the software installed correctly after a hardware repair isn't much fun.
Do you need Windows? You could try Linux

Unpublished by mods - duplicate

SteveR750

Mar 11, 2005
Macspur said:
How about going retro... CD!

Seriously, hope you get sorted soon.

Mac
I know. Hindsight and all that.

I'll be without it for a couple of weeks, in the meantime I'll have to use the DVDP instead.....

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Zeitgeist said:
Overdose said:
SteveR750 said:
MajorFubar said:
If bits of the hardware have failed you can't really blame Microsoft though can you.
No true, but getting the software installed correctly after a hardware repair isn't much fun.
Do you need Windows? You could try Linux
+1 Linux.
I dunno. Suggesting Linux to someone struggling with Windows strikes me as asking them to replace a Kettle with a flint, some twigs and a roll of Tin-foil in order to make a cuppa.

I have used Linux myself many times over the years, and have dual boot on this laptop Mint 13 and Windows 8.

Windows 8 is way my favoured choice when I boot up.

Linux's problem is as soon as something doesn't work properly it's Google and command line fiddling. Not for the faint-hearted IMO.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS