Sony 810 amp/SKy HD set up help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am fairly new to a home cinema system, and have just purchased a set of Jamo a102 surround speakers and a sony str810 amp, and connected them to my sky hd (via hdmi and optical) and blu ray (hdmi). My problem is that if I press the sat button on the sony remote, I get dolby surround from the optical, but no picture, and if I press the input 3 button, I get the hd picture, but only stereo sound. Any idea how I can get both?

Thanks

Paul

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to assign the sound and video inputs to the different buttons on the remote, it's all in the manual ( there is a matrix showing you the possibilities).

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I now have the SKY HD working fine, but still no sound from the blu ray. When I try to assign an audio it does not give me HDMI as an option; will I have to buy another optical cable?

ray911

Feb 22, 2004
Visit site
I could not get this to work on My sisters Sony 810 either. She only has one Hdmi on the Tv so I cannot plug the hdmi straight into the tv either.

Can someone please give instructutions as to how to get the sound from the optical but the picture from the Hdmi. I spent hours reading the manual but could not get it to work. This is really bugging me. Other wise the set up is perfect. Sony should include as leaflet in the box how to set up Sky hd just for the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts