Sony 40NX723 or Panasonic 42GT30??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

As the title suggests, what do you think of the Sony 40NX723 versus the Panasonic 42GT30??

I have the opportunity to purchase either for the same price (£700). I'll be honest, I don't know much about TVs as hifi is my main interest. So, what would represent the best value?

Thanks.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Demo both models for yourself this will give you the best choice.But first decide what conditions you have at home ie well light room this helps in deciding whether to go for plasma or lcd.Plasma suits darker enviroments and lcd brightly lit rooms.As for the models i would also look at Samsung for lcd or Lg and Philips if you want 42" screen.Me personally love Samsung lcds, but im now looking at plasma as an alternative for a bigger screen.Plasma screens are alot cheaper and Pansonic have really done well this year providing you get a set that is free from any problems.The st,gt and vt have all been awarded 5 stars for 2d and 3d and provide great value for money. Good luck and post back your feedback.

zientific

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Just purchased the 42GT30 and it has none of the issues (yet) and have to say that its the best TV I have come across, can highly recommend it. We have quite a light room and it works fine. 3D is great as well.

zientific

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Just purchased the 42GT30 and it has none of the issues (yet) and have to say that its the best TV I have come across, can highly recommend it. We have quite a light room and it works fine. 3D is great as well.

A

Anonymous

Well, I have recentley sold my Panny 42GT30 in favour of the Sony 46NX723. Being an avid sports watcher the GT30 was great at handling motion without the need to engage any processing 'aides'. However, when watching outdoor sports in bright conditions it simply couldnt portray any sort of realism. In all presets the picture was annoyingly muted as if watching throught tinted glasses and the GT30 really struggles with brighter colours (white is very murky!)

The Sony has none of these problems and sacrifices a little black details for a much more colourful and believable picture on SD and HD. The GT30 claws a little back for its beautifully cinematic blu ray renditions but also loses ground for introducing strange tints to skin colours and when 'THX' is engaged....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your feedback guys. I popped in Selfridges today, both look lovely but quite alarmed at how reflective the screens are, particularly the GT30!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts