Sony 370 plus Jurrasic Park Box Set Problem

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought this off ebay for just under £15 recently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170818568428?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I dont know if I have been stung or not - the packaging all looks like the real thing but their are a few things that dont seem right.

The biggest problem is that my Blu Ray player wont play the Blu Ray discs - it starts to load them but then just freezes on the downloading gracenote stuff. It all starts to load ok then I just get the loading symbol which fails to load.

The reason I am not sure if it is a dodgy copy or not is that my Sony Blu Ray player has had issues with certain discs before - wont play Watchmen for instance and that disc was bought new. It also doesnt like one of the Narnia Blu Rays either - Caspian one if I remember rightly. The Narnia one caused all sorts of issues, I had to do a master reset and change the usb dongle on the back to get it all up and running again.

The other weird thing is that it comes with 3 dvd-rom copys as well as the 3 Blu Ray films - these are not what I would have described as dvd's if I was selling the Box Set.

I think I have read that their were issues before with the J Park Blu Ray films so I am not sure if its my player or the discs that are at fault.

Any advice please ?

Have you updated your player's firmware? Can't help thinking that on 4th April, this box set was available for £13.50 at Zavvi.

Actually, they're digital copies, not DVDs. So you can return it back as "not as described".

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
Have you updated your player's firmware? Can't help thinking that on 4th April, this box set was available for £13.50 at Zavvi.

Actually, they're digital copies, not DVDs. So you can return it back as "not as described".

Damn,

You win some you lose some - so I have been had on this occassion.

This is my 1st bad ebay experience of many buys, I am usually quite savvy.

I am running Corels Windvd 2009 on my Vaio - which is obviously quite dated. Again, the Blu Ray discs wont play.

Are their any free Blu Ray play back programmes I could try to download or am I going to have to fork out for the newer paid version - Windvd Pro 11 ?

As for the 370 Blu Ray player - yes its all up to date ???

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Have managed to update my Sony Vaio Windvd 2009 Blu Ray playback and its working fine on that - so not the Blu Ray discs at fault.

Any ideas why my Sony 370 Blu Ray Player does not like these discs ???? Firmware is up to date so its not that.

Very frustrating.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

psurquhart said:
Hi,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170818568428?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I dont know if I have been stung or not - the packaging all looks like the real thing but their are a few things that dont seem right.

The biggest problem is that my Blu Ray player wont play the Blu Ray discs - it starts to load them but then just freezes on the downloading gracenote stuff. It all starts to load ok then I just get the loading symbol which fails to load.

The reason I am not sure if it is a dodgy copy or not is that my Sony Blu Ray player has had issues with certain discs before - wont play Watchmen for instance and that disc was bought new. It also doesnt like one of the Narnia Blu Rays either - Caspian one if I remember rightly. The Narnia one caused all sorts of issues, I had to do a master reset and change the usb dongle on the back to get it all up and running again.

The other weird thing is that it comes with 3 dvd-rom copys as well as the 3 Blu Ray films - these are not what I would have described as dvd's if I was selling the Box Set.

I think I have read that their were issues before with the J Park Blu Ray films so I am not sure if its my player or the discs that are at fault.

Any advice please ?

I watched this box set over the Easter weekend. I can confirm that it is indeed a Blu Ray and digital copy set, no DVDs.

The Blu Rays were quite slow in loading (2-3 mins), so maybe you could try again with a little more patience. I have the Terminator 2 Skynet Blu Ray, and that takes around 10 minutes to load.

So put the disc in, put the kettle on, take the dog for a walk, have a shower, have a little nap, then bingo, it will be ready (hopefully)
razz.gif

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
psurquhart said:
Hi,

Any advice please ?

I watched this box set over the Easter weekend. I can confirm that it is indeed a Blu Ray and digital copy set, no DVDs.

The Blu Rays were quite slow in loading (2-3 mins), so maybe you could try again with a little more patience. I have the Terminator 2 Skynet Blu Ray, and that takes around 10 minutes to load.

So put the disc in, put the kettle on, take the dog for a walk, have a shower, have a little nap, then bingo, it will be ready (hopefully)
razz.gif

Quite frankly - I give up.

Went out and bought a 8gb SONY USB memory stick for stupid SONY Blu Ray player thinking that might do the trick - still wont load.

It works perfectly using my Sony Vaio Blu Ray drive, so as stated its not the discs. I can load up until preview content and can even get to the select language part - then it all freezes - on 23 seconds to be precise - and thats on the first disc.

I too have T2 Skynet version (mainly for THX test disc) - my Blu Ray player starts it pretty quickly.

Its so annoying - I have left it in the player for ages thinking it might finally load - but oh no.

Have recently bought a Panasonic GT30 - so sorry Sony, can see a Panasonic Blu Ray player purchase on the horizon, this is doing my head in.

I also turned off the BD Live internet settings thinking that might do the trick but it wont have any of it. I feel like microwaving the damn thing.

Make sure that the memory stick is formatted to FAT32. If still doesn't work, then contact Sony support. It is very unusual for your player to not play Jurassic Park blu ray disc only & others play fine, except if your player's firmware isn't up to date or the disc is scratched (the Sony player may have a more sensitive optical drive than your laptop's blu ray drive).

Return the box set & try another one (brand new).

People have had problems with rental discs not working, regardless of the blu ray player.

I bought Call of Duty PS3 pre-owned from Game few months ago. It did not play on my PS3. I then bought a brand new copy. Plays fine.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi, it may be of interest, if not much consolation, to read the thread I posted recently about my 570 model ("my BDS-570 almost went out the window!" or something like). I had very similar experiences with the BDS-570 and Game of Thrones.

The USB stick alone won't help - you may also need to change your player settings such that it does NOT use internal memory - check the system settings for DVD/Bluray playback and ensure it uses External memory (ie, the USB stick). For much of the GoT set I didn't even need a USB stick, but for the final disc I did. I have not yet found out why this is so, but it did work for me. It may also help to disable internet access.

Good Luck.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
ESP2009 said:
Hi, it may be of interest, if not much consolation, to read the thread I posted recently about my 570 model ("my BDS-570 almost went out the window!" or something like). I had very similar experiences with the BDS-570 and Game of Thrones.

The USB stick alone won't help - you may also need to change your player settings such that it does NOT use internal memory - check the system settings for DVD/Bluray playback and ensure it uses External memory (ie, the USB stick). For much of the GoT set I didn't even need a USB stick, but for the final disc I did. I have not yet found out why this is so, but it did work for me. It may also help to disable internet access.

Good Luck.

Hi, I read your post with interest.

I have already disabled internet access but cant seem to find the option to switch to external memory in the settings however I think it just does this by default on the 370 - certainly have not had any issues with it recognising the usb stick - it has already saved some files onto the stick.

Unless you know (or anyone else) better ? I have gone through every part of the settings but cannot see this option anywhere on the Sony X-media bar for my 370.

Like Bigboss said - I think I am either going to sell this on or dispute my purchase - all very odd though. Incidently, wifes a teacher and used the disc at work for some example of cloning to her students and it all worked fine in their Blu Ray Player too. Its definitly not the disc , just Gremlins in my player.

I might contact Sony Support UK and see what they have to say - anyone got a link ?

And just to re-iterate - my player has the latest update everyone.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I had a Panny blu-ray player that stopped reading discs, nothing at all.

I returned it to factory settings and reinstalled all the firmware from scratch(not sure if you can do this on Sony), worth a phone call. Worked a treat since then.

Only takes a bit of lost data and 'POW' so clear all. Remove batteries from remote also so that player holds little prior information.

Good Luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts