Sony 370 bluray HDMI & component connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I have my blu ray player connected to the tv through my av amp via hdmi for watching blu rays. However i use the player quite a lot for watching bbc i player, its a pain as i have to always turn on the amp to watch it, when some programs do not need 'enhanced' sound. Is it possible to 'also' connect to the tv direct, with the component connectors and rca audio leads so i no longer need to use the amp??

A

Anonymous

I have the same bluray player and although I have never used them it does have both composite and component video outputs so you should be able to connect directly to your tv using either of these.

However, many AV amps have "pass through" when in standby - you dont say which amp you have so not sure if this applies to you.

You also say you dont need enhanced sound but I find using the av amp & speakers is much better sound quality than the tv speakers so use the amp in direct or stereo mode for "non-enhanced" listening.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply heystak, sorry for the delay. I have the sony 2400 amp with no pass through. I don't find i need the speakers blasting when watching Lord Sugar fire someone on The Apprentice, i find the tv sound just fine(sony ex503). I of course have the HDMI going to the amp for watching movies. I have ordered a composite cable & already have an audio cable, so will take the risk on it working. I believe the component will support up to 1080i which is enough for bbci player. Will post results when i get it if anyone else is interested in having this set up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts