Sonus Faber Toy - Which amplifier?

Mats Johansson

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought the Sonus Faber Toy Monitors. I really like their sound, and their small size is perfect for my listening room. I've been using them with an old Linn Majik amp. I feel it works well with the speakers (but it is perhaps a bit under-powered).

However I'm only borrowing the Linn amp, and will have to return it soon. Therefore I'm looking for suggestions regarding what would be a good amp to use with the Toys. Some candidates I've looked at (but not listened to) are Leema Pulse, Exposure 2010S or maybe a used Primare i30. My price range is around €1000.

I would prefer if the amp sounded good at lower levels, since that's how I normally play. I mostly listen to jazz and electronic music, no rock/pop.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Mats Johansson:
I recently bought the Sonus Faber Toy Monitors. I really like their sound, and their small size is perfect for my listening room. I've been using them with an old Linn Majik amp. I feel it works well with the speakers (but it is perhaps a bit under-powered).

However I'm only borrowing the Linn amp, and will have to return it soon. Therefore I'm looking for suggestions regarding what would be a good amp to use with the Toys. Some candidates I've looked at (but not listened to) are Leema Pulse, Exposure 2010S or maybe a used Primare i30. My price range is around ?1000.

I would prefer if the amp sounded good at lower levels, since that's how I normally play. I mostly listen to jazz and electronic music, no rock/pop.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Hi Mats Johansson

I'll suggest you also consider Naim's Nait 5i and if your budget allows the superb Nait XS. Ime Naim amplification in general works well with Sonus Faber speakers
emotion-21.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts