Sonos Question

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I am impressed with this sytem having spent 3K in January with S5 in Kitchen plus doubling as garden stereo, zone bridge in conservatory connected to broadband Router. ZP90s in 2 bedrooms and Living Room connected to Cyrus 8XPD Amp and KEfs IQ 50, my son has Zeppelin and my daughter has picoforte Kef Speakers 1 attached with Ichord interconnect & carnival silverscreen connected throughout. Zp 120 with Wharfedale diamonds 9.0 speakers in Master bedroom not curved model in accordance with my original purchase way back in the 1980s. I spent a further 3K on Cyrus Amp/CD and Kef speakers as mentioned!

What input selector number on Sonos do I use for Cyrus Amp for playing napster? As variable allows me bass and treble which is different but possibly not original considering the source I am utilising. My theme is comparing wifi against hifi in the mid range category. Wifi is fun and introduces hifi to the unknowledgeable, not being nasty but individuals who are not aware that music recorded above MP3 levels is impressive.

I have noticed that older recorded songs definately sound different through either KEF iq 50 or S5 or Diamonds/Zeppelin etc. How do I set Sonos to receive lossless and equivalent files?

I shall over the weekend input photos of my hifi/wifi system and the merits/negatives of such a system after climatising to it since early January 2010, Sorry I am hear to stay and to debate on this site my beliefs.

As I am no longer in the Navy I will change my avatar idc but my passion for hifi has not diminished. I have upgraded from my Pioneer a400 Amp, Rotel RCD965BX CD Player and Sony APM 22 ES speakers to Cyrus 6CD SE, 8Xpd Amp and KEF iQ50 Speakers to appreciate such changes and in my case evolve. My cheap upgrade this year by Autumn 2010 is Optical connection between CD and Amp and to Bi Wire KEF to Cyrus. Fortunately I am old fashioned and I like to tweak. Before I am 50 I will purchase 2K speakers and PSX add ons as I am hooked on improvements. Also I wish to compare/purchase ADm 9.1 as I want to try before I buy. If these are better than 2K speakers then I will have no trouble in purchasing these from Ashley James company.

My hifi/wifi system has provided pleasure to my wife, children, and mum in law and covers most generations, and I believe is a true reflection that music plays a dominant part in our lives.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
shado:How do I set Sonos to receive lossless and equivalent files?

Could you clarify that question at all? How are you using the system now? ie what do you play through it?

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I listen to some radio channels, as well as my itunes from the PC. I thought there was a way in the setup menu for the controller to receive lossless as at the moment I cannot tell what size of files Napster are sending through.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
shado:I listen to some radio channels, as well as my itunes from the PC. I thought there was a way in the setup menu for the controller to receive lossless as at the moment I cannot tell what size of files Napster are sending through.

To the best of my knowledge Napster does not use lossless compression, so there's nothing Sonos can do about it. Sonos is compatible with lossless files but if the original source isn't lossless there's nothing you can do.

Equally are your files in iTunes ripped losslessly? If not, how do you expect Sonos to play them? Lossless refers to the original file format, not anything that Sonos is actually doing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts