Sonos Connect Amp VS Marantz MCR610?

bigmoose

May 9, 2009
Visit site
All is on the title! :)

I always hear hear how great the Sonos sounds, but the Marantz received the top What Hifi Award. I'm looking for a streamer that I can also use as an alarm, and both fit the bill (Functionnality and budget wise). I had Marantz equipments before but thought the sound was too "relaxed", but since it got an award, it made me think again... Maybe Marantz sound evolved since I had one?!

Would anyone compared the 2? How is the Control App on the 2?

Many thanks for your help as usual!

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
streamer that I can also use as an alarm
That would be an expensive alarm...if you could use it as one...which you can't because it only has a sleep timer, no wake up timer.
smiley-smile.gif

ANOther

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
You can download the Marantz app and it has a demo mode so that you can see the functionality without having the 610 available.

The Sonos does have an alarm function.

bigmoose

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

Well, I would love the thought of being able to wake up at the sound of my playlists, but maybe this is too "out there". :?

I'm surprised the Marantz doesn't allow that since it has an clock - I'm pretty sure the Sonos allow this as I could see someone doing this in a review video I found. I can see from your sig you have the Marantz, so you're definitely best placed to tell me what the Marantz can and cannot do. :)

I guess this totally rules the Marantz out then, thanks for your reply!

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
bigmoose said:
thanks for your reply!

No Problem :) I too think it would have been nice to have an on timer feature as well as an off timer, but then it may have made the Marantz appear to be an expensive bedroom alarm clock, which I guess is not what Marantz were aiming for :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts