Sonos Arc long-term review: the highs and lows

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaminbeige

Sep 5, 2020
Visit site
Seems a little strange to suggest that a limitation of an Atmos soundbar (in a tech review) is that your particular Samsung TV is not Atmos compatible.

Mark22

Sep 5, 2020
Visit site
Just like the iplayer situation was resolved using certain dongles or hdmi sources, so would the atmos one. Probably get a better picture too, maybe someone writing for this piece should know this, it's your TV and apps never beat what you can get through a decent sbc etc Also I'd suggest the play 1s over the IKEA stuff

Scott_od

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
This should solve your Atmos issues & for less than the cost of a new TV or a Beam:

Currently waiting for mine to be shipped

Mr357

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
This should solve your Atmos issues & for less than the cost of a new TV or a Beam:

Currently waiting for mine to be shipped
Just got mine two days ago and it works like a charm. Dolby Atmos True HD format on my Samsung 2019 Frame TV which was previously limited to Dolby Atmos via DD+, a good but compressed form of Atmos. Also pop for the Sonos subwoofer and two Play One surround speakers and it will put the reviewer’s old Onkyo setup to shame—and all wirelessly.

manicm

Seems a little strange to suggest that a limitation of an Atmos soundbar (in a tech review) is that your particular Samsung TV is not Atmos compatible.

It’s not strange. The original Samsung was a 2016 model and didn’t have eARC HDMI. Now strictly speaking it’s not required, but from what I’m seeing it’s only eARC TVs that will get you streaming in Dolby Atmos and/or Dolby Vision. It’s the safest bet, and when I get a new TV that’s one of the first things I’ll check.

Hifiman2007

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
I was talked into buying this due to a couple of what hifi reviews. The reviews were so misleading. It doesn't begin to offer anything like the quality or precision of even a basic 5.1 set up...not even remotely close. I had it less than 30 days..returned it and set my Yamaha kef system back up.and enjoyed real surround sound precisely located. As the guy in richer sounds agreed you cannot have real surround sound or Atmos without speakers correctly positioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts