Somebody please help me with this long lasting problem!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi people, this is the first time I'm using this forum (WhatHifi). Hope that somebody can help me with this problem that I've been facing throughout my time playing Hifi (althought just 2 years).

This is the description of my setup.

Power Conditioner - Xindak XF-500E

CDP - Xindak C-06

PRE - Xindak XA3200MKII with tubes EH 12AX7 and Mullard CV4024.

AMP - Adcom GFA-555

SPK - Usher S520

Interconnects - XLO HTP-1

Speaker Cables - Audioquest Type 8

Mains Cables - XLO Reference 10A, XLO Pro 10, Merlin Terrantula

Alright, the problem I'm currently facing is that I hear a "Low Volume", "High Pitched" noise that comes and goes as it wants. I tried connecting the CDP to my AMP directly and letting the units idle, I don't get anything. However, when my preamp is inserted in the middle of the 2, I get the noise.

I've googled around and I don't seem to get anything from the web. Probably I'm the only one facing this problem.

I've heard that tube preamps like 50k ohms input impedance power amps, but mine is only 22k ohms. Is this a factor that causes this problem that I'm facing?

Things that I've done to isolate the problem.

I tried changing tubes, as the original tubes accepted by the preamp are 12AX7s and 12AT7s. I reverted to the original configuration but to no avail.

I shorted the remaining 3 inputs of my preamp for fear that they might pick up EMI and RF. But to no avail.

I disconnected whatever sources I have to the TV, but to no avail.

Really appreciate it if anyone of you can help me with this issue!

Gratitude.

A

Anonymous

Yeah as dimspan says, try without conditioner, ive had problems with my setup since i introduced my mains cont. Im on total stripdown tommorow cos ive had problems ever since, sound and visual....

A

Anonymous

Well, somebody's going to come get my conditioner off my setup tomorrow. Hopefully it helps. Any other idea why this might happen?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts