Some terms explained?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
For those of us not really sure what the terms mean

What is a warm system?

What is a bright system?

feel free to explain and maybe add more terms that you are not sure about that maybe someone else can explain

Gray

When it comes to describing the merits of an item, how can it be that:

If something is boll**ks, it's sh*t, but if it's 'The dog's boll**cks', then it's sh*t hot?

No wonder foreigners say our language is hard to learn.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Gray said:
When it comes to describing the merits of an item, how can it be that:

If something is boll**ks, it's sh*t, but if it's 'The dog's boll**cks', then it's sh*t hot?

No wonder foreigners say our language is hard to learn.

Your/you're right/write*
english is often a daft language.

*right as in correct or direction or entitlement or share of ownership or an angle

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rows (lines or ranks of things), rows (uses oars to propel a boat), rose (got up/stood up, past tense of 'rise'), rose (flower), roes (plural of 'roe', fish eggs).

Rows (arguments), rouse (to awaken or stir).

English is easy!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
Rows (lines or ranks of things), rows (uses oars to propel a boat), rose (got up/stood up, past tense of 'rise'), rose (flower), roes (plural of 'roe', fish eggs).

Rows (arguments), rouse (to awaken or stir).

English is easy!

It is compared to "Noran Iron" slang....try getting your head around "Clean Rotten".

audiventory

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
muljao said:
What is a warm system?

What is a bright system?
This terms is fully clear in direct translate to Russian even. May be reason there is articles in local magazines.

As developer audio, I try always bound figures and sound perception.

In my opinion:

1) "Dry system" ("Dry monitor sound") - absolutelly flat frequency response, very low distortions.

2) "Warm" - slightly (comparing "Dry") more distortions and/or slightly boosted mid and upper frequencies.

3) "Bright" - slightly (comparing "Warm") boosted mid and/or upper frequecncies.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's a great example of English

If GH can stand for P as in Hiccough
If OUGH stands for O as in Dough
If PHTH stands for T as in Phthisis
If EIGH stands for A as in Neighbour
If TTE stands for T as in Gazette
If EAU stands for O as in Plateau

The right way to spell POTATO should be: GHOUGHPHTHEIGHTTEEAU

Samd

0lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the Itteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the fríst and Isat Itteer be in the rghít pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey Iteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts