Some help shortlisting amplifiers..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rainsoothe

DocG said:
If you’re into the B&W sound, some ex-dem or recent second hand PM1s are worth a try. The A39 would control them tightly (and they need that).
Congrats on the Arcam. +1 to this and Revel Concerta. For floorstanders, look at the new Spendor A2 (or A4), Focal Aria 926 and Martin Logan Motion 20 (or 40) if they fit budget.

Jimmer

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Thabks for the extensive speaker list, plenty of reading and research to do there.

With a bit of luck I’ll win the Spendor A4’s up for grabs in the WHF competition that’s running the moment!

GLYD

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
Thanks rainsoothe. And I would like to know more of what makes you think they would be a good match ? Any experience with the Revel ?

rainsoothe

I heard the Performa F206 with Naim systems, on one occasion I liked them, on the other I thought they were too rigid - but I blame that on the NDX. With 152xs as source, I thought they were great. And Arcam is less blunt than some Naim systems, so they should be good together. However, you should try to audition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts