Some excellent reading - HiFi or AV

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
a must-read actually http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/

Hi AlmaataKZ

Good to see this posted here.

I posted same on a thread on PFM relating to active/AVI speakers, but the articles by Dr. Geoff Martin go far beyond that, and are exceptionally interesting, informative and a reference.

Naturally, most of the articles pertain to the tech inside B&O speakers, but also addresses other general audio issues, and is highly recommended reading.

There are 14 articles thus far, with more planned/in the works.

Dr. Geoff Martin, is a sound designer/engineer employed by B&O, has a BMus (in organ performance) a Tonmeister degree, a PHd in Acoustics, and has lectured at various universties.

He also contributes regularly on Beoworld forums, an independant forum for B&O owners and friends, where I am a member.

As mentioned though, members here may get more out of it than just an insight into B&O's considerable R&D and engineering integrity.

However, it must be said, it also goes a long way to dispelling the oft read audiophile myth, that B&O is all about style, overpriced, overated, and with no real in-depth engineering substance etc, etc, etc.

If there are more seriously engineering lead companies out there in the audio world, especially those who combine cutting edge design, performance, materials, parts, and innovative, patented, intellecutal property/design applied to their products, I certainly don't know of them.

But do read, hopefully enjoy, and feel free to make up your own mind....
smiley-smile.gif

Cheers

JMac
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts