Software to download cover art in iTunes

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Isn't cover art free via Itunes anyway? I've been using it for years, and its always been free. It just needs you to log in to your Itunes account to verify who you are.

A

Anonymous

I look up the album on Amazon then right click and do a 'save as'. I name the file the album cover's title and save it in the folder with the album's music files.I attach it using the 'get info' menu item. I started doing this as I had a problem with my iPod losing the album covers if I just let iTunes find them. I don't know if this is the best way to do it though.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
NSYGrinner:I look up the album on Amazon then right click and do a 'save as'. I name the file the album cover's title and save it in the folder with the album's music files.I attach it using the 'get info' menu item. I started doing this as I had a problem with my iPod losing the album covers if I just let iTunes find them. I don't know if this is the best way to do it though.

That's the method I use when iTunes fails to automatically apply album art. Some of my CDs are too old, or just not on the iTunes library, for the art to be applied automatically.

However, I am intrigued by the fact that there are links to alternate methods. Worth a look...

...although these seem Mac OS specific, which is a pity for us Windows clones. Maybe I will stick to Google image searches and the above method - works for me.

A

Anonymous

I also use 'allcdcover' to get some images as well. I've got a couple of cds where I can't find the cover anywhere. Even finding the tracklisting came up wrong.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks AlmaataKZ. But I'm using Windows and not a Mac which is a shame because Album Art Widget looks pretty good.

I did find something else called Tunesleeve which isn't free. It works pretty well though. I like it more than TuneUp which I didn't get on with.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Think Albumart Downloader XUI is what your after , I use it within Foobar but it can run independantly (Needs NET Framework 3.0 installed on your PC)

A

Anonymous

The way i do it is, google image the artist. right click on the photo>copy>in itunes right click on the artist>get info> paste the photo in the artwork section in itunes. Itunes will give you a message>do you want to apply to all tracks>say yes.

Hope thats all clear.
emotion-21.gif
Good luck!

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I know...the point is I'm looking for something that is automated. To address an earlier point - iTunes doesn't find cover art for some of my tracks esp. the dance music I have on my iPod.

rocky66:

The way i do it is, google image the artist. right click on the photo>copy>in itunes right click on the artist>get info> paste the photo in the artwork section in itunes. Itunes will give you a message>do you want to apply to all tracks>say yes.

Hope thats all clear.
emotion-21.gif
Good luck!

A

Anonymous

I'd say just google the cover you're after, download the best image you find and drag and drop it into the iTunes image window...et voila' !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts