So you have just won £45M on Euromillions.....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
.... and you need some hifi for the new place.

In my new panelled library/study/computer room/den I would assemble something like the following....

Luxman L-509U amplifier.

Harbeth Super HLA 5 speakers (bespoke veneer to match the panelling).

Thorens TD-350 turntable & SME arm

Fully restored Marantz ST-8 tuner (hey we can afford it!) with a jacket to match the panelling also.

Oh yes, a DAC of some kind to plug in the computer for Spotify/iPlayer etc

(In the living room a naimuniti with wallmounted Naim N-Sat speakers and a decent little 26" or 32" telly and Blu-ray/DVD/HDD recorder with Freeview or Freesat. Probably Panasonic.)

This for the bedroom and this for the kitchen. (In scary 1970s yellow probably.)

The AV room/home theatre would be a bespoke 'blank cheque' Bang & Olufsen install to be arranged with the architect. (Well why not?)

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt bother with hifi and hitech gadgets/cars etc... I'd get an old sony walkman ... solar rechargeable batteries a fishing rod and a small wooden bungalow in the forest right on the beach on a remote island like the bahamas ...

A

Anonymous

id go into a certain shop not far from the centre of kathmandu and buy another pair of socks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:I wouldnt bother with hifi and hitech gadgets/cars etc... I'd get an old sony walkman ... solar rechargeable batteries a fishing rod and a small wooden bungalow in the forest right on the beach on a remote island like the bahamas ...

So you would not be buying up the finest the 1970s could offer?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
You're right dim_span. But I think I'd throw a small party with a few friends and a guest band....

rolling_stones_signed.jpg

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Mmm the mind boggles. But I'm thinking I'd finish my cdp off with its valve output stage and get valve monoblocs in front of some nice electrostatics for stereo duties.

matthewpiano

I'd be straight down to UKD and buying a Unison Research turntable, CDE, and valve amps with a pair of Opera floorstanders and spend all my spare time bathing in the most realistic and involving sound I've ever heard. This would be in a dedicated listening room of course.

A

Anonymous

chebby:

dim_span:I wouldnt bother with hifi and hitech gadgets/cars etc... I'd get an old sony walkman ... solar rechargeable batteries a fishing rod and a small wooden bungalow in the forest right on the beach on a remote island like the bahamas ...

So you would not be buying up the finest the 1970s could offer?

no ... I'd step up a decade .... an 80's walkman (silver coloured) will do just fine
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Well I would like to go to New York now and then (1st class with Cunard) and Tokyo and Iceland - and a few other places - and spend a week or two every year at Gidleigh Park but I was hoping to keep this to our hifi/AV millionaire 'wish list' wants.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
45 million? only pjpro is aiming high enough!

i'd also be found on a tropical island, but i'd have a surf board and gemma atkinson
emotion-19.gif

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
This is a touch over my usual budget but I'm thinking a ridiculously expensive valve amp, solid gold cables and some very tasty electrostatics.

A

Anonymous

I would spend it all on cables. They make all the difference you know.

A

Anonymous

I'd travel the world with my partner and go to as many types of music concert I could find...

...I'd start with Hayley Westenra at Peterborough cathedral in November. Gotta start somewhere, might as well be close and I could swing in after dropping my notice into work. Just need to remember to add the bit about going to work for a competitor in the letter...

A

Anonymous

I'd buy a decent listening room:

46MY_model_062pk.jpg

Sail off to the Med, then worry about the hifi.
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Antistatic:I would spend it all on cables. They make all the difference you know.

MAINS cables, I trust.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I would have a dedicated cable run direct from my nearest Nuclear Power station (smoother electricity than coal).

Invest (buy at the moment!!) into my local football team.

Am afraid I would have to get the listening house sorted first though. Then I would spend the next year auditioning top end systems and thoroughly enjoying my new "job"

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would buy a house in the middle of nowhere, with it's own solar/wind farm a few miles away.

It would have a 2 barns (stone or brick built) that I can convert into a listening room with hifi kit/music warehouse on the back, and the other into a full size pool with sauna.

I think I might just have to employ a trained massuse/pamperer as well.

Kit?

Well, that would be decided once I've gone through the warehouse enough times to work out what kit I like.

I could even write about it in a publication or something... ;)

And yes, the letter to the boss would be a totally enlightened document.

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:the letter to the boss would be a totally enlightened document.

I'd just send a postcard
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts