SO...WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So, I now have HD 1080p and we have the HD audio formats but what is next in the pipeline? Will there be a significant step forward in the next 20 years or is there not a sufficient market to commercially go any further forward. .I would love to be a fly on the wall at Sony, Pioneer or Toshiba etc in their R+D depts and see what is going on. Would it be "how to make a 1080p plasma for £50" or here come see our "7920 x 4320 SuperHD roll-up Holographic display" at £1M now we just need to reduce the price a tad. And where does the audio go from here? The stereo boys on the other forum here complain about sound quality from AV receivers, even with DolbyHD etc so is it really that good? Will we see the audio formats approach or match top end stereo gear? I believe the real point here is, is there any market for better gear? Lets face it, HD is a significant improvement over SD but sales have hardly set the market alight. Blu-ray has been out what......3 years and it is still an obscure format to the vast majority of people. Are we in for another stagnation period? Oldskool. PS, It's my 100th Post!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Reckon we'll all be downloading super-hi-def content at crazy speeds to our holographic 3D displays! And interacting in real time in our virtual worlds with people on the other side of the globe... or maybe that's just the whisky talking!
emotion-55.gif

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andy Clough"]
Reckon we'll all be downloading super-hi-def content at crazy speeds to our holographic 3D displays! And interacting in real time in our virtual worlds with people on the other side of the globe... or maybe that's just the whisky talking!
emotion-55.gif

[/quote]
LOL.. nah not just the whiskey talking i reckon thats where we will be and quicker than we may think as formats upgrade so darn quickly these days..Just understand the latest and then it gets an upgrade..Anyway with UK pollies getting a yearly allowance for hifi/ht things should speed up nicely !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts