So that new Onkyo TX8050, Is it any good as an all in one media centre receiver?

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How is the DAC on this one and what does it compare to in spec purely?

Is it better in terms of clout than say a Nad c326bee or Marantz pm6004?

Is this going to be any good with my 87db 8ohm sensitivity speakers?

Can I output direct from toslink or coaxial on the pc to the inputs on this thus using the internal DAC chips?

Are these rated highly? I cannot find them here at What hifi but I'm going to Richer sounds Saturday and they have them in stock and my American outlaw amp has basically broken and is being returned so was thinking of one.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Richer sounds convinced me the Onkyo sounded pretty poor compared to the Azur 650a so I got that instead, still have preouts for my sub too. Not had any listening to it yet so can't say how much better than the pm6003 it is yet.

A

Anonymous

A german online magazine has reviewed the Onkyo TX-8050. They compared it with the NAD C 316 BEE and concluded that the NAD sounded better with their KEF 207/2 in terms of "space and contours", but the Onkyo sounded more transparent.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Which thankfully confirms for me it was good I didn't buy it and now am about to begin testing the Azur.

Update: The 650a has the best timing I've heard, lovely midrange and the bass is tuneful but not as heavy as some. Very happy overall. Build quality is very high.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts