So, i got my screen... Blu ray?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought myself a new TV, Panasonic TX-P42G10 and now im looking for a blu ray player. I really want a multi region player, specifically i want it to be able to play this version of bladerunner and for reasons that escape me they have decided that the UK doesnt deserve a 5 disc blu ray
emotion-12.gif
so im going to have to get the NA region.

My first choice would be the Sony BDP-S760, i like the headphone jack amongst it other features, but i cant tell if this player will play that particular disc. Advice, suggestions and comments pls
emotion-1.gif

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
that particular bluray disc is region free (the dvd's are region 1 but the bluray isn't) The Sony will be more than good enough. Just get a Multiregion version for dvd.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't think there is such a thing as a multi-region bluray player. Some can obviously be region free for DVD.

However, all is not lost. Not all US Bluray discs are region specific.

If you check this site, it confirms that the US version will playback on other region bluray players. LINK

Also, movietyme is a good site, not just for buying discs but checking which discs are region free. LINK

A

Anonymous

Great news and great links. Cheers guys
emotion-21.gif

Edit: when i try to buy on movietyme i get "Sorry but this product is either out of stock or is no longer available to purchase"

Lol never mind

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
funny thing about multiregion bluray player, Tevion DVD1100 is bluray hackable from A-B

And Aldi were selling this for about £130.....

A

Anonymous

Whats "blu ray hackable" ? TBH having tasted their baked beans for 9p i would be wary of buying anything from aldi ever again
emotion-5.gif

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
haha i like that

I'm sceptic too, but it did get a good write up in terms of picture and sound.......yeah i know

I have asked WHF if its possible to review it. As the whole region policy with some blurays is just backwards in my view

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Just for the feature that the player can be hacked by the remote so that region A blurays (American) can be played begs it to be tested

A

Anonymous

Well, at the risk of going off topic in my own thread
emotion-40.gif
i reckon that any blu ray player ought to be able to play any disc, but then a chip is added to prevent it. If you were savvy enough i expect it would be possible to replace that chip and make it a multi region player, after all people have been chipping their consoles for years. As to why the do it? well, if you were kind you might say its because of potential cetification issuse with films, but if you were less kind
emotion-14.gif
you might say it was so they can charge people in some regions more than others!

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
The UK expensive....... never..
emotion-43.gif

If you are looking at the Philips (back on topic....ekk) maybe spend 30 quid more and get the Sony 360

Or the PS3

A

Anonymous

Na im a PC gamer, and anyway i wouldnt buy a console for proper quality film playback. I really like the look of that sony.

Edit: looking at your sig, you know yo can fix that red light on the x box yourself? As unlikely as it sounds (from memory) you have to take it apart and then bake it in oven for while
emotion-3.gif
Go read around the internet a bit you will find the info

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
fair play, the PC (if decent) is a lot better than a console

yeah the sony is a bargain for that price, loads of deals everywhere. Richersounds, Amazon

As you can read from the reviews and threads, its highy reomended and quite a sexy piece of kit

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts