Small Speakers On A Budget (Mission, Wharfdale or AE?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for some speakers, preferably for less than £100, to fit in a small space.

I will usually be using them while using my computer. I currently have a set of Eltax Wave Minis in wallmounted stands to the upper left and right of me. Putting new speakers on these stands would be best for positioning and space concerns but due to the way the room works I can't fit anything bigger than my current speakers on them.

So really my options are as follows;
  • - Mission MV2 - I can find little about these speakers online but what I have heard is positive, would fit on wallmounts.
  • - Acoustic Energy Compact 1 - would fit on wallmounts.
  • - Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - very positive reviews but would not fit on wallmounts. I'd have to put them on my desk which isn't ideal as it would be a squash and they'd be right in front of me but go for it if they're loads better than the others.

Ideally I'd try them out beforehand to see which are best but that's not an option. Also I'd be open to adding a sub down the line if needed so loads of bass isn't a must but it would mean a new amp so would be a while.

Hugh

T

the record spot

If you can find a pair, Mission's 751, in good condition, will compare favourably with pretty much any budget speaker up to around £500. The AE's I've not heard but are a good and popular brand. The Wharfedale's are apparently very good for the money and you can get those for £90 new in Superfi's sale just now.

A

Anonymous

Went for the Wharfedales in the end. They seem to be the clear winners in terms of reviews and opinions. I'll see how good they are when they arrive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts