Small Hi-Fi System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help,

I am looking for a small, Approx 10 ins Square, Hi-Fi unit with CD player, but only a few inches tall plus speakers that will fit on a small table top ( 19 ins wide) This I want to use to amplify my Archos output through the speakers. The Archos will connect via the docking station and the input to the hi-fi would be via the red and white leads from the docking station. The size is important as my wife would like it not too obtrusive sitting on the table top. The speakers could be wireless and sit at some location in the room. Can anybody help and quell my dilemma in meeting all the objectives, in anticipation of a good result then many thanks, Peter.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help, the cost should be no more than £250/300.

Messiah

What about the Denon D-M37DAB?

Only issue is though is that it will be over 10 inches deep. Is 10 inches the maximum limit for depth of the unit. (and no dodgy comments
emotion-2.gif
)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have reviewed most of these type of units and unfortunately they are all about 350-360 mm deep, this over the size of the table. this is only 14ins by 19ins wide so you can see it's limitations.

John Duncan

"wireless speakers" - not a chance on that score, I'm afraid. Are you proposing to put the speakers side-by-side with the stereo? ie does that 19 inches include the speaker?

I'm, against my better judgement, leaning towards a second hand Bose Wave CD player.......(there's one on eBay now with a reserve of 180). Don't know if it has an aux in for your Archos though.

John Duncan

And now that I've thought about it, the ideal solution is a second hand Linn Classik, though you may have to go as high as 400 for one of those, and that's before you get any speakers.....can anybody think of any alternatives in that vein?

I had thought of a Fatman iTube with some small speakers, but no CD player. Hmm.......

A

Anonymous

I must go back to my original dimensions, that's approx. 10/12 ins square for the main unit and have small speakers each side or alternatively wireless speakers in some remote part of the room.

A

Anonymous

19ins would include the speakers or use remote away from the table.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts