sluggish projector gaming

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
just started using my projector for gaming and it is running very slowly (more sluggish than usual). does anyone know the reason for this and how i can solve it. thanks

A

Anonymous

It's called input lag and anything much over 50ms becomes annoying. Check the specs for your projector. You shuld turn off all unnecessary post-picture processing such as noise-reduction, sharpening, motion handling etc. Is there a "game" setting? If not, is there a "PC" setting?

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have turn off all processing that i can(i think) and from what i can see there is no gaming setting etc. if it helps its the jvc hd 350. does this mean i will have to turn processing back on for movies etc.

A

Anonymous

I did a search for "jvc hd 350 input lag", and the one estimate I found was by a user on another forum. He reckons about 150-200 ms, which is very bad (he did say it had the best picture for DVD/blu-ray though) for gaming.

Other than that, I know nothing about projectors. sorry.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
it does have a very good picture but if the cannot keep up up then its no good. i might aswell down size back to my 15 " crt television

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Are you running the projector through a receiver? Could be better to connect it directly (and let the projector do any up scaling) to rule out any receiver-based delay

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Was going to throw mine out but if i cannot solve this problem i might need it. the issue is too much of a problem to appreciate the bg screen.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Are you running the projector through a receiver? Could be better to connect it directly (and let the projector do any up scaling) to rule out any receiver-based delay
I have now tried running the xbox through the projector without the receiver and there is improvement, its not perfect but hey. What to do now?

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Soopafly49 said:
Clare Newsome said:
I have now tried running the xbox through the projector without the receiver and there is improvement, its not perfect but hey. What to do now?
??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Don't know what else to suggest, i'm afraid - only you can judge what's acceptable in terms of lag and what's not.

I'd just make sure again that there's no processing enabled, and no other element that could be causing a delay, in either the hardware or gaming menus.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Something just doesn't seem right here.... my young bro had his gaming online set up through in Edinburgh a good number of years back.... for a good number of diferent games and obviously an older set-up... yet never once have this kind of problem ?

Do not dispare ... it might have to do with your own set-up methinks ? (hope so)

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Id i run it through the amp will i have to turn off all the processing to play games and then turn it back on for movies. There must be some other way around this.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The JVC has 2 HDMI inputs - you can connect the Xbox directly, and set a preset for that (with all processing turned off etc) and run second cable from your receiver to handle all your other sources - which can have own presets, with any processing enabled as required.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
The JVC has 2 HDMI inputs - you can connect the Xbox directly, and set a preset for that (with all processing turned off etc) and run second cable from your receiver to handle all your other sources - which can have own presets, with any processing enabled as required.

I;m not sure how to turn all the processing off. Ive been through the menues but to no avail. Also not sure how to get the sound if the Xbox is going straight into the projector. This also means i will need 2 15 m HDMI cables aswell.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Do i need to run a seperate cable from the xbox to the amp for audio in order to do this and if so what cable would i need?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts