Skyfall

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No Septics?

(unrelated, but I did notice one dropping of the F-bomb, which I didn't expect to hear in a 12A film, especially as I had my kids with me.)

T

the record spot

Just saw it last night and it was one of the best Bonds I've seen. With the best Bond since Connery. Clive Owen would be good, but Craig's the pick of the current crop. Hard edged, but vulnerable, steely, gritty and with the kind of delivery that reminds me a lot of Connery's style. Suits the present style of the films too. Clean cut, sharp and plenty of style.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
(unrelated, but I did notice one dropping of the F-bomb, which I didn't expect to hear in a 12A film, especially as I had my kids with me.)

Even more surprising was where it came from.......... :)

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
A reasonable film, kept my attention all the way through, some gritty and convincing performances. Q just annoys me, I didnt like him in that BBC on the bbc drama, where he plays a radical type. Preferred the Quantum of Solace to be honest, but I guess we have set ourselves up for a Sean Conneryesque period for the next couple.

The DB5 end saddened me too....

A

Anonymous

smiley-frown.gif

Not good at all............Bond is well past his sell by date. Same format and style. A big car chase to start off with and a shoot out to finish. Nothing in between to capture or hold the imagination or keep you at the edge of your seat. No doubt another epic will be rolled out in a few years to milk the cinema going public. It's just a great way to print money.

A

Anonymous

smiley-frown.gif

Not good at all............Bond is well past his sell by date. Same format and style. A big car chase to start off with and a shoot out to finish. Nothing in between to capture or hold the imagination or keep you at the edge of your seat. No doubt another epic will be rolled out in a few years to milk the cinema going public. It's just a great way to print money.

unpublished by mods - duplicate

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Bigredone said:
Not good at all............Bond is well past his sell by date. Same format and style. A big car chase to start off with and a shoot out to finish.

Yep. We need something different. Maybe opening with Bond baking a Victoria sponge cake to take to a charity whist drive that evening and ending with him reading a good book in front of a log fire with a nice glass of Cherry and his faithful golden retriever asleep at his feet.

In between we are treated to some taut action as he remonstrates on the phone with his accountant over his annual tax return before he goes out to buy some fresh bread and a nice piece of haddock for his tea.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Bigredone said:
smiley-frown.gif

That's the formula though. It's a bit like watching your 23rd Laurel & Hardy film and saying that yet again it's about how a fat American and his thin gormless English mate degenerate some theoretically-simple task into a catalogue of blunders and slapstick set-pieces.

Paul.

MajorFubar said:
Bigredone said:
smiley-frown.gif

That's the formula though. It's a bit like watching your 23rd Laurel & Hardy film and saying that yet again it's about how a fat American and his thin gormless English mate degenerate some theoretically-simple task into a catalogue of blunders and slapstick set-pieces.

Or watching a Korean film and expecting it to have a happy ending. And no one gets murdered with a hammer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts