SKy1 HD Dolby Digitial 5.0 not 5.1?!

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Just watching Stargate Universe and it's Dolby Digital 5.0 signal being received by my Onkyo 875, not 5.1!

Is this right?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Quite a few of the movie channels don't seem to have a .1 channel.

Easy to detect I would have thought, as if it isn't displayed on the front of the amp then it isn't being received?

I have a habit of checking the display as the sound output (input to the amp) does change even on the same broadcast channel from programme to programme.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
fayeanddavid said:
The_Lhc said:

Easy to detect I would have thought, as if it isn't displayed on the front of the amp then it isn't being received?

Erm, yes, that's how I know...

My bad............

i was reading your thread as you thought there was a problem with your amp!

I shall continue dozing in the corner, quietly, on my own.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid said:
The_Lhc said:
fayeanddavid said:
The_Lhc said:

Erm, yes, that's how I know...

My bad............

i was reading your thread as you thought there was a problem with your amp!

No it was just an observation on my part, an annoying one though as I only noticed due to adding a sub to my system and was trying to get a reasonable level for it without bothering to fire up the BDP (which is connected by analogue inputs anyway). Of all the films being shown on Sky Movies at that time they either didn't show the LFE channel to be present at all (Jurassic Park 2, which surprised me) or they showed it but were films that clearly weren't using it (the level indicator for the LFE on the display didn't move at all!). It wasn't much help!

TRENDING THREADS