Sky wins on Gadget Show

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes the GS is famously unscientific in its comparisons but. Sky still seems the best value unless u are satisfied with freeview content. Kinda backs up my earlier comments that it remains competitive against Virgin.Worth a look maybe?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Been watching the re-runs, you are only seven day's late reporting the news as today is sunday & it was originally shown last monday. :rofl:

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I saw the gadget show last monday & i was surprised no-one mentioned that sky came top, i thought someone would have mentioned it by now, so i'm glad you've started this thread.

BTW it doesen't affect me as i'm on freesat. :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My brother in law is with Sky. Has been for 18 years. He pays about £100 a month for the full monty: 3D HD TV, phone, broadband, every extra you can think of. Anyhow he was fed up of the price and told them to stuff it, he was giving it all up and going with BT. They said sorry you feel that way, we'll ring you back. Half an hour later, phone rang. Guess who. Magically his premium has now halved, for exactly the same options and service. And not just for a few months either. Permanently. The amount of money Sky are screwing out of people who don't realise they can barter a better deal must be verging on being obscene, because we're not talking the odd pound or two here.

Of course I'm sure Virgin are no better.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Most surprising to me was that Sky have 75% (I think) of market share. My opinion, for what its worth, is Sky haa the best value if yr broadband speed is not too important and u want film and/or sport. Otherwise freeview is a good option. Good competition seems to be keeping the market fair. Anyway, F1, tennis, heatwave, beer & lunch ......

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I would have to reluctantly agree that Sky probably does offer the best TV sevice although here in Ireland there isn't the same competition as in the UK (we have Freesat or UPC-formerly NTL) and although UPC offer an extremly good package deal with fibre-optic broadband that is one of the best in the country, the TV service lags way behind at the moment (no HD in my area yet for instance).

However, as a former Sky customer I was amazed how quickly they are willing to cut their prices if you threaten to go to the competition and many people I know have done just that in order to negotiate a better deal...they seem to have a whole department dedicated to talking you into staying if you want to leave !! Does indeed make you wonder how many are getting ripped off at the expense of others...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts