Sky + upscaling and Onkyo 606

A

Anonymous

no it wont upscale only up convert to hdmi, but thats if you use s-video or compasit. only sky hd has a hdmi output but this is at 1080i any way.

A

Anonymous

there are very few connections on Sky + box, I am currently running a scart to my TV, so missing out the Onkyo. I thought that the Onkyo could upscale to 1080i, any signal it received.

A

Anonymous

the best way is to keep it withe the scart and change the video output to RGB that way you will get a better picture. the 875 upscales to 1080p from all sources but you would have to use a lesser connection so not realy getting any thing better. by all means send the audio from the sky+ box via optical but IMO just leave the onkyo out of it it may do more harm then good.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Agree with our man sheepboy here. Wasn't Sky+, but I tried re-routing Freeview from my Topfield box to my Onkyo 905 via an S-Video connection. After the Onkyo had upscaled it, it looked just slightly worse than a direct connection from my Topfield to the TV via a direct RGB Scart connection (remember - with this connection the TV is upscaling it to the TV's native resolution). Unfortunately, upscaling can't work miracles and with a bad connection like S-Video (which is the best you can get from the Sky+ box to the Onkyo), you're not likely to see any improvements I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

thats exactly as I have it set up, a scart from the sky box to the TV, using RGB. Its a 1080p tv. I thought I had the set up as good as I could, but thought I'd ask in case I was missing a trick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts