Sky Ultra HD upscaling

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
How hopeful are you that there will be an advanced option to make the output per the material resolution? You could probably do something with a harmony but doing that every time you switch between HD/UHD would be a pain. Hopefully either an advanced setting or firmware update in the future.

Reactions: eoc69

abacus

It's a completely new box (Including upscaling) so don't assume that just because the old box was bad, the new one will be as well. (Best to wait until you have tried it before commenting)

Bill

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Having spoken to Sky at the launch, I'm afraid I can't see them changing this option in the near future. They think the user experience will be smoother by doing it this way.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
abacus said:
It's a completely new box (Including upscaling) so don't assume that just because the old box was bad, the new one will be as well. (Best to wait until you have tried it before commenting)

Bill

Fair point but if you have spent a thousands on a top of the line TV (i'm not in that position) i'm assuming the picture processing is going to be better than a box worth a few hundred quid and you would want the TV to do the upscaling in that case. Perhaps that's someintg the WHF team can cover during during further tests.

TRENDING THREADS