SKy+ to PC connection

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Anyone got any ideas of how to get a signal from my sky+ (soon to be HD+) to my PC in a separate room? I have a TV card (Hauppauge) for the PC but due to poor reception can't get a signal from indoor arial and due to old house (and wife) can't run a cable from Sky box. Any ideas?

Ian

daveh75

looked at there site, which tv card do you have? is it one with twin tuners ie analogue and digital or single tuner ie digital freeview, although saying that without running cables i dont see a way round it. you can get video senders but afaik they only normally have scart connections and not rf(aerial) connections

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
You could use a video sender, as most of the hauppage kit has composite in, but TBH the picture quality is going to be average at best, and if you or a neighbour has a wifi network, fergeddit. I tried one, and as long as I switched off my cordless phone base station and my wireless router, it was passable. with either on it was annoyingly bad - they all use 2.4GHz.

I'm afraid cable is really the only way, short of having a laptop downstairs and a wifi network between that and the PC upstairs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts