SKY SIGNAL TEST????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When you check your bar in the SKY signal test, my Signal Strength is full but my signal quality is iinline with the end of the K in the OK that is below (just over halfway)

What is the difference between these, how could i improve the quality of signal??

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Your signal strength is excellent and quality is good as well. As long as both your signal strength and signal quality are above half way (my strength is about half with quality above half) then it is fine, and no need to alter your dish or cabling unless you are experiencing signal drop outs, especially in rain? If you want to adjust the dish (i wouldnt recommend it) you would need to do very slight movements, and then wait a few seconds for the digibox to update. Or you could also try new cabling, but I guess if you system was installed by sky then the cabling would be move than adaquote, and no gain would be found.
hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Yeah, i guess it does, but i still don't know what the difference is? To me they mean the same thing, but they surly have different meanings or they both wouldn't be there?

A

Anonymous

they are different, strength is how strong the signal is, quality is how good the dish and box are making good use of that signal. Eg if bad connections with the f types will cause low quality signal. If you have full strength and no quality then you will constantly get drop outs in signal

A

Anonymous

I get you, i've got more questions, but i think i'll stop there,,, i't wouold just be useless information,, but cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts