Sky Magic Eye Poor Picture

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had a magic eye fitted into 2 rooms in my house early this year. At first the picture was great but it now seems to be very grainy and i cant seem to workout why. The picture is fine on my main TV which is were the box is connected but the two connected to magic eyes are very grainy. I have swapped aerial cables,turned off the box etc but nothing changes.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Poor picture over RF can be down to either the signal or the cables.

Try the RF cable into your main TV and see if the picture is any good there, that will at least tell you the picture is ok when it leaves the box.

If the picture is good to the main TV over RF then you have a cabling issue.

If the picture is not good to the main TV then the RF output channel needs to be changed.

A poor RF signal may be down to a channel clash, so something broadcasting on a near frequency that is causing an issue on your RF Output Channel.
Choose another RF channel as output from the Sky STB.
This is trial and error as you will have to keep changing the output channel and re-tuning the TV to see if the picture is any better.
You set the ouput RF channel in the installers menu that depending on which epg you are running is slightly different to get to.

Old Epg:
Serices on remote
401 [select]
Scroll down to RF Outlets

New Epg:
Serivces on remote
Scroll to the right to Settings
001 [select]
Scroll to RF Out

A

Anonymous

Do you think my wirless router could be causing a conflict. I could try changing the channel on the router.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I haved two routers and neither impact my RF signal.

If you want confimation turn the router off and see if there is an improvement.
Might and easy way to test?

TRENDING THREADS